Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Little Slice of Home

Dear Family and Friends,

This week, I finally got my room painted and decorated, and I love it! As you’ll see in the pictures, it’s very blue – such a happy shade. I smile every time I go into it. Christophe did an excellent job. He painted my bedroom and bathroom, and because we had extra paint (and I love color), we painted the kitchen. We plan to finish painting this week. Every other wall will be freshened up with a crisp, true white. It’s so nice to have my books and pictures, clothes and bed. It feels like a little slice of home. Enjoy the tour via photos.

Friday, I took the day off work and unpacked all my stuff. Saturday, we switched storage depots and organized our porch area. It’s amazing how much you can accomplish in two days with some Reinhard muscle behind you! A tech team arrived on Thursday (Bill Rager, Trout and Drake Moser, and Shane Shaw); we worshipped with them in Boval at Pastor Balade’s church. After church, Sheila and I decided to make homemade pizza. While we waited for the dough to rise, we took a drive with the team to Tet Simon. It is a beautiful pasture area with a pond that springs from an underground well. After enjoying the views, we headed home to make our pizza. We invited the Reinhard girls, Beth Newton, and Shane (who was fixing my computer) to join us for supper. I believe our first dinner party was success!

It’s been a good week. Thanks for your prayers. Oh, we also enjoyed our second encounter with a tarantula. This one was on our laundry porch, and yes, I sat on the washer with my feet up while we shooed it outside. I’m such a girl...

Have a wonderful week!

http://picasaweb.google.com/aheartforhaiti/Sept2008III

3 comments:

Donaghys said...

Love your room! You have always had such great decorating style!

Ruby K said...

Hello Abby, The blog was great as usual. Bet it's great to have your room done! It was quite a first month! We wish we could have been at your dinner party. Keep up the labor of love. Love and miss you.
Mom and Dad

Leah said...

Hey Abby,
I just talked to my Mom and Dad and it sounds like Dad bought the tickets for the work team that is coming down in December. It sounds like several of them are going to stay for two weeks and help with the Reinhard's house the second week so you'll get to see them quite a bit. I wish I could be one of them. I miss you and pray for you.
Lots of Love,
Leah