Sunday, October 12, 2008

I'm Coming Home

Dear Family and Friends,

This past week seemed to fly by! At work, we prepared for the Childcare Board meeting on Friday morning by updating accounts and completing reports. On Tuesday, Sheila and I hosted ladies tea for the first time. We had a great turn out, and Debbie Wray brought us delicious treats to serve. We continued our series on God’s glory during Wednesday night services. Brother Tim Butikofer flew in on Thursday for the Board meeting. Johannes and Luise Schuerer kindly invited Tim, Sheila, and I to supper that night. Friday, Sheila and I tried our luck at market again; I feel like we’re really getting the hang of haggling and finding good produce! Saturday, we hosted the Reinhards and Tim for a pizza lunch and a ride to Tet Simon. It was laundry day there, so there were many people bathing, washing clothes, and generally hanging around. It was a beautiful view yesterday as the skies had cleared and the sun was shining. I must say, Tim did an excellent job on his first 4-wheeler drive! He handled that bike like a pro.

My next blog entry will be from...HOME! I’m flying out Tuesday morning to come home for Joe and Heidi’s wedding. Words cannot express how excited I am to see all of you again. Please pray that no weather conditions will delay my departure, and that my connections and flights will go smoothly. God knew that I would need this trip home to look forward to; I’m thankful they had such a long engagement – good for me, bad for them!

I will see you all soon!! Much love,

Abby

http://picasaweb.google.com/aheartforhaiti/Oct2008II

No comments: