Monday, July 6, 2009

The End

Dearest Family and Friends,

I'm home. I'm really home.

After four planes, one missed flight, four checked bags and three carry-ons, two ginger ales, and too many people to count, Grace and I made it back to Bluffton on Saturday night. We were greeted by our family and the drizzling rain. My last week in Haiti was busy with good-byes, packing, helping the staff prepare for my departure, and cleaning up my room. But, when all was said and done, we made it safely home. Praise the Lord for His faithfulness.

Thank you. Thank you for your prayers, encouragement, love, cards, uplifting words, and support. Thank you for the boxes of goodies, the smiles, the greetings, and the friendship. I will miss my friends in Haiti, but I'm so happy to be home. I hope you've enjoyed this little picture into my Haitian adventure. Thanks for reading this blog and staying connected to my life and the people, children, and missionaries of Haiti. It's been an experience!

http://picasaweb.google.com/aheartforhaiti/July20091?feat=directlink

God bless you.

Abby

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back to the U.S.A. Haiti will always have a piece of your heart; however, there's no place like HOME (not original, but true).
Take care. Love you.

The Lehman's said...

Abby-Glad you are home! I have been reading your blog while you were gone, will miss checking in on what you are up to. Do you plan on keeping your blog going now that you are back. Hope so. julie :)

april said...

Welcome home Abby! You have been such a light to those in Haiti! Thank you for all you have done! I'm excited to see what God has planned for you next!