Sunday, April 12, 2009

Illavach and Easter

Dear Family and Friends,

It's been a very lovely week! Justin Reinhard and Ted Habegger were here until Saturday, and it was great to spend time with them in the evenings. They were installing the Pfister's kitchen and helping Tim and Joan with some closet work. Everything looks amazing!

On Tuesday and Wednesday, Sheila, Deb Blunier (visiting for a week), Tess, and Alisha, and I, had a holiday on Illavach, the island of the coast of Cayes. The sun was out, the water was perfectly clear, the food was terrific, and the company couldn't be beat! Check out the pictures because the water there was such an amazing color. In addition, the Abaka Bay resort has 900 American TV channels, air conditioning, lobster, leather couches, the most wonderful beach you've ever seen, and great service. It was truly an island getaway!

Good Friday, I tried to keep the kids entertained during the day, and Sheila and I hosted Justin and Ted for supper. Saturday was a getting-my-life-back-in-order day. Sunday morning, I attended an Easter Sunrise Service at the MEBSH gazebo. It was a beautiful morning and remembering the Resurrection was uplifting. After the service, I went to Renault with the Wrays.

It was a special Sunday at Renault. First, the children were shown a portion of the Jesus film in Creole. I was amazed that when Jesus was baptized in the film, the children cheered and clapped. When he was nailed to the cross, some of them gasped. They were really paying attention. In addition to the film, each child was given a bag of rice to take home. The Wrays kept it very orderly for dealing with 900 children. After Renault, Sheila and I ate Easter lunch with the Reinhards. It was delicious!

April seems to be going really fast because on Tuesday, the Pfisters arrive in Haiti! I'm so excited to see them again. I'll be praying for your safe arrival and adjustments in the first few weeks.

Well, I'm off to collect Easter leftovers from the Gutweins. I'm truly thankful that I live next door to a bunch of excellent cooks. They feed me all the time! Thanks, Gutweins.

http://picasaweb.google.com/aheartforhaiti/April20092?feat=directlink

Much love,
Abby

4 comments:

MarknBarb said...

Abby,
The pictures of the ocean are so beautiful! What a neat retreat...so happy for you guys!
Thankful you had a good Easter may God continue to encourage you in little ways.

Barb

Unknown said...

Happy Easter, Abby. The pictures are a great way to show us your world. Thanks so much. He is Risen. Love you.

Jeff Frazee said...

Awesome updates.
I read everyone!

Becca said...

That water is amazingly beautiful! Wow! Looks like a good spot to spend a perfect day. :)
Love ya!