Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Family Visit

Dear Family and Friends,

We are now two full weeks into June, and I’m just getting my first blog of the month done. My Dad and two sisters were here from June 3 to June 8, and Grace is here until I leave on July 4th. Speaking of leaving....

My time in Haiti has been a blessing. I’ve learned so much about God, His plans, His timing, His ways. I’ve also learned a great deal about myself, how little I am, how much I’m blessed, how for granted I’ve taken my community and daily conveniences. It’s been a hard time, filled with loneliness and frustration, but it’s also been an amazing opportunity, overflowing with new experiences and new friends. I’m leaving in July and I won’t be coming back. As my time in Haiti draws to a close, I’m left feeling grateful for the time I’ve spent here and anxious to see my family and friends again, to hug my grandma and kiss my niece. Hopefully, I’ve been a good student of this experience and will take the life lessons I’ve been taught home with me. God is God. God is faithful. God is good.

When I compiled the pictures from the last two weeks, I had over 900! I’ve only uploaded 135, but I’ve captioned each one so you can follow the last 14 days of my journey.

Thank you to each and every one of you who has sent me an encouraging email, lifted up Haiti and the missionaries here in prayer, or followed my journey on this blog. I appreciate your support and ask that you continue to pray for the next stage of my life. I’m oddly nervous to return to the States but at the same time ready, relieved, and excited.

http://picasaweb.google.com/aheartforhaiti/June1And2Family?feat=directlink

Much love,
Abby

1 comment:

Becca said...

I'm sure Haiti will miss you. Really miss you.

But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited you're coming home. Is that bad of me?
Anyways. It will be good to see you! :) Love ya!